Peasant top

7:30:00 0 Comments A+ a-

Hace tiempo que leo el blog de Melly Sews, esta mujer hace algunas cosillas muy interesantes, y las explicaciones de sus tutoriales también me gustan.

I have been reading MellySews' blog for a while now; she makes some very interesting stuff and I like her tutorials very much.


La directora de la guarde de mi enano me ha pedido ayuda para hacer las batas escolares este año y buscando por internet algo similar, para no tener que hacer el patrón de cero, me he encontrado de vuelta en la web de Melissa con su Peasant Top, que es bastante parecido a lo que utilizan los peques.

 The director of my baby's nursery asked me if I could help them to make the kids' bibs, and so I went on to look for something similar to what they are using, that way I don't have to draft the pattern from scratch, and I was back at Melissa's site, looking at her Peasant Top, which is very similar to what the kids use.


Así que, de paso, me he hecho uno, porque, además, coincide con que hace cosa de 15 años (madreeee, cómo pasa el tiempo!) me compré un top igual en Zara....me encantaba, pero claro, se acabó rompiendo.

And so I decided to make one for myself, since, as it so happens, some 15 years ago....time flies, I bought a very similar top at Zara. I loved that top, but, of course, it ended up breaking.


 En resumen, ¡que este patrón me viene de perlas!
Hice algunas variaciones sobre el patrón original, le alargué las mangas un poco y la parte de abajo la redondeé y alargué un poco más la parte de atrás.


So, to sum things up, this pattern is just what I needed! 
I altered the patter a bit, for instance, the sleeves are a bit longer, and the back of the front is a bit longer than the back.



La parte del cuello se fruncía con hilo elástico, pero no me gusta mucho usarlo y me daba pereza hacer la canilla, así que utilicé elástico tanto para el cuello como para las mangas.

The tutorial said to use elastic thread on the neck, but I don't really enjoy using it and I was feeling a bit lazy....and ended up using some elastic on the neck and cuffs.

Me ha encantado y me estoy planteando hacerme más!!!

All in all, I loved the pattern and I am sure I will make me some more!!